Saturday, August 4, 2012

Does Female Led Marriage Make Husband Just Another Child?


Of course not.  Not any more than the traditional male dominated marriage made women just another child.   I saw a chart that was interesting on -- about flr -- (I think it was there though I can't find it now) that showed how nearly all marriages lean one way or the other.

My husband is my husband.  He does all the sorts of things husbands do.  You would have to know us well to have any idea anything is different in our marriage.  It's simply that I make most of the decisions in the house -- including in the bedroom.  And, we both "get off" on this non-traditional power arrangement.  It works well for us
both.  But, actually my husband now does much more to help me than he used to -- so, he's anything but another child.
 
Another way to look at it is (I read this somewhere) -- my husband is King of the home.  But, his most important job is to love the Queen of the home (me) and make sure my needs are met.  When they are, things function well for everyone.  He fulfills his role as King by ceding much of his power and authority (even over things in his own life) to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment